UX Researcher [Remote or Local]
Who we are
We’re a digital CX agency collaborating with healthcare and pharmaceutical organisations around the world to create digital experiences that are truly aligned to audience needs. Our services fall under three core pillars; strategy, research and design.
In joining us, you’ll become part of a creative, diverse and rapidly growing team that is making a measurable difference to people’s health and wellbeing through creating exceptional digital experiences.
We’re headquartered in Brighton, with our teams working remotely across the UK.
With the overview of our Clinical UX researcher, you will take ownership of some research projects and support on User Research activities across the agency. This will include planning research projects (including estimations), conducting research, communicating progress with the project team, and ultimately presenting your findings for handovers to the design team. You will be in constant interaction with your cross-functional colleagues and will provide research guidance and expertise to inform the direction of research work on our client accounts. You will be responsible for presenting your work to stakeholders and communicating the actionable insights and the strategic impact of your work.
As a research function at Graphite, we strive to bridge the gap between our clients and their users to inform evidence-based design decisions that are aligned with both user needs and business objectives. Therefore, your research work will always be user-centered and outcome-focused, uncovering insights on user needs in healthcare & pharma to drive positive changes for patients and clinicians.
Working closely with our Clinical UX Researcher, you will be part of a talented team of Designers, Researchers, Account Managers and Project Managers. You will be encouraged to share your work early and often, and seek to gain feedback from the wider design and project management teams throughout the research process.
Your Manager will help you achieve your goals and enable you to create your best work. You will have regular 1-2-1 sessions and a training budget to make sure you get the best out of your time at Graphite and build upon your existing skillset.
- Work closely with our Clinical UX Researcher to plan and execute UX Research projects across our healthcare and pharmaceutical client base.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research including, but not limited to: qualitative usability testing, surveying, card-sorting/tree-testing, 1:1 interviewing, diary studies, stakeholder interviewing, heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis
- You will be confident in understanding requirements and working alongside our Clinical UX Researcher to design research studies.
- You will be responsible for owning projects and research planning, estimating, executing, and reporting.
- You will be comfortable in managing the team’s expectations and communicating with the PM around delivery timelines and blockers.
- Follow our research ops: process, documentation, guiding principles, ethical values.
- Work closely with designers to share the findings of your research and collaborate on generating actionable next steps and ‘how might we…’ statements.
Skills & attributes
- You have experience delivering qualitative and quantitative UX research projects.
- You have a solid understanding of why specific UX research methods are more effective in some contexts than others.
- You are comfortable working with research software both moderated and unmoderated, such as Google Workspace, UserTesting.com, Optimalsort, Miro, and Dovetail (or similar research repository software).
- You are confident in presenting the findings of your research to internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
- You have demonstrated experience working in an Agile environment.
- You are user-centered and always advocate for the end-user.
- Desirable but not essential: You have worked within regulated sectors such as Healthcare, Pharma or Insurance.
- Desirable but not essential: You have working knowledge or experience of working in healthcare systems or with healthcare patients/HCPs.
- Desirable but not essential: You have worked with remote teams (Most of our clients’ teams are remote)
- Desirable but not essential: You have a good understanding of Just Enough Research and Design Thinking principles.
- One or multiple of the following experiences
- A research related diploma
- 1 year of demonstrable self-initiated UX research projects
- 1 year of experience in a commercial environment.
Read our employee experience introduction to see all our benefits; including:
- Private health insurance with high standards of cover
- Comprehensive private dental plan
- Personal development time and annual training budget
- Monthly social meet-ups and events
- 25 days holiday, increasing after 2 years
- Opportunities to give back with dedicated time for community engagement and charitable initiatives to suit your interests — young talent; diversity and inclusion; environment and sustainability; wellness
- Free employee assistance support for personal challenges, whether legal, financial or medical
- Cycle to work and electric vehicle car lease schemes
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
£30,000 to £42,000 a year (Depending on experience)
We value diversity of experience, knowledge and perspectives and all that they bring to our teams. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
- This is a remote but in the UK position. We're not yet set up for accepting VISAs. (We can work with contractors overseas though)
- Write a covering letter to introduce yourself (please keep it simple and short)
- Attach your CV
- Provide a link to your case studies