Who we are
Graphite is a digital customer experience agency based on the seafront in Brighton. The work we do combines the best of digital strategy, design, technology and innovation in order to create engaging digital products for some of the World’s most recognised and influential organisations.
Our vision is to create exceptional digital customer experiences that deliver value and impact quickly, and enable positive change as a result of who we are and the way we work - and this vision means we look for people who are inspired, take initiative, great at collaborating, and pursue excellence in their work. Sound like you? Read on!
You will responsible for leading design on one of our key accounts. You will be in constant interaction with other departments and clients. Your work will be outcome-focused, user-centred and data-informed. Our design solutions must be relevant, beautiful and a delight to use. You will share your work early and often, seeking feedback from across the board and take part in design reviews. You will be part of a talented team of Designers, Researchers, Developers and Account Managers and Project Managers.
You will be responsible for presenting your work to high-level client stakeholders and make them see the positive impact of your designs. You will facilitate and lead various design and design workshops. You will also be planning your work, creating compiling design visions for our clients, estimating tasks and communicating those to the rest of the team.
Your Manager will help you become the best designer you can be and enable you to create your best work. We have a strong high-performance culture with regular coaching, 1-2-1 sessions and training to make sure you get the best out of your time at Graphite.
- Maintaining and growing our design system for this key account.
- Communicating your creative vision to clients and involving key stakeholders along the way to make them feel engaged.
- Planning, writing and communicating design strategies including all aspects of the design process (CX pillars, design direction, research, UX, UI, Design Ops, porting brand identities into digital, planning workshops, etc...)
- Leading Design workshops
- Working with developers to refine the final product and own the output of your design
- Participating with the design community at large
- You have worked within regulated sectors such as Healthcare, Pharma or Insurance.
- Sketch is a must. You are an expert and have mastered this tool
- Managing design systems.
- Although you won’t be a UX designer you have a strong understanding of UX and Research and have worked closely with UX designers and researchers (User Journey design, Personas, User-Centred Canvas, User interviews, etc...)
- Recognise and actions on pain points and opportunities within customer journeys.
- You are comfortable leading design workshops, internally and with clients
- You have a good understanding of Design Thinking and Design sprints
- You have worked in an Agile environment.
- You have experience presenting your work to clients and leading client meetings.
- Prototyping and Interaction design. We use a variety of software depending on the job: InVision, Principle or Origami.
- Desirable but not essential: You have worked with remote teams (Most of our clients’ team are remote)
- Desirable but not essential: Experience managing multidisciplinary teams (UX designers, UI designers, Researchers)
- Personal development budget for training and conferences
- Healthcare Insurance
- Pension scheme
- Free professional advice and support on mental health or finance
- Monthly team lunch, Summer and Christmas parties
- Quiet and isolated areas for when you need some alone time
£30,000 to £45,000+ a year (Depending on experience)
- Write a super short covering letter to introduce yourself (please keep it simple and short)
- Attach your CV
- Provide a link to your Portfolio (online version preferred please)
- Answer all the questions